Monday, May 2, 2011

My Mum as a Child....




This is a layout that was part of a monthly challenge some months ago, through "Scrapbooking in Geraldton".  I opted to do my Mother as a child. Mum was 12 years old in this photograph, though I'm not sure of the 'story' behind the photo as yet.  Will speak with Mum over the phone and add a journal envelope to the back of the layout.  Mum lives in South Australia and I live in Western Australia, so getting together over a cup of coffee and chatting about 'photos' is just something that doesn't happen.
Distance is difficult when wanting the complete story of a photograph, more so when the person in the photo doesn't understand the importance of it.


 

2 comments:

Marijke said...

Love this layout. The paper matches your blog template perfectly!

Sandie said...

Thanks Marijke, it does match. It was my first challenge (thanks to you) and I loved every minute of making it!!