Thursday, September 22, 2011

Black Velvet Framed Piece


I have always been creative, and I recently realised that I really have not shown a great deal of my older ‘work’. Over the next few weeks, as time permits, I will share some of my creations and designs with my blog readers.

One of my personal designs is this black velvet framed piece. It is fashioned using an assortment of my hand-dyed guipure laces, silk ribbons, trinkets, charms, glass seed beads of various sizes, and includes crystals. Each of the silk flowers was hand-made, and hand-dyed.

I love playing with dyes…it is certainly amazing turning something previously plain, into an article that is at times realistic, and full of beauty in colour. Most importantly, one of a kind items that can be created by playing with dyes…


1 comment:

FerrellGraph-x said...

This is so exquisite! I'm sure stunning in person with it being on black velevt!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer