Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Exciting News!!! Cheery Lynn DT

Wow, this week I received the most exciting news....  *drum roll* ... I have been accepted for a six month contract in the Design Team for “Cheery Lynn Designs”.  
Several months ago, I came across Cheery Lynn Dies through a lovely lady called Pearl, and her website “CraftieCafe” . Oh gosh, I can so remember the first die I ever purchased – running it through my machine, and how utterly impressed I was, not only the quality of the die, but the intricate detail – I have not ever come across a die like this.  I was so impressed, with the quality that of course more dies were purchased.  Pearl sent me to the “Cheery Lynn Designs”website to watch the video tutorials (aiding a great deal of knowledge)  - I also found Cheery Lynn Designs on Facebook and their wonderful blog with all the totally amazing creations from DT members and Guest Designers.
It was a matter of ‘love at first cut’ and EVERY creation I have produced since discovering the dies, has a form of “Cheery LynnDesigns” within it.
When the Design Team call was put up onto the blog, I was like .. “ohhh yeah that would be so cool, working with a product you love so much ... and imagine the creations (brain overdrive)”.... then reality hit, I’m up against all those wonderful, amazingly talented woman/men (well maybe a male, somewhere?) from around the globe. 
So, I opted to ‘play’, my creation fell together so easily, and I was very happy with the results – creating something different.  However, it took me several weeks to pluck the courage up to place it up for perusal... all those entries, all that breathtaking talent – I was in awe.  Gosh, I am sure I visited every single blog (all 119), admiring (and I’ll admit to drooling)!!!
I cannot begin to tell you how exited I was when I read the first line of the email when it came in... I was so thrilled, so excited, so ‘over the moon’... I won’t go into details as I will embarrass myself!!  J
However, I will add that I am looking forwards to the next 6 months of creativity – and producing some unique and beautiful designs for a wonderful product and company "Cheery Lynn Designs" – already the brain is in overdrive!!!
Thanks to my dear friends who encouraged me to enter and those who have sent emails congratulating me, and to “Cheery LynnDesigns” for “picking me” LOL....

1 comment:

crazyQstitcher said...

Stupendous Blog Sandie.
I love the background and all of your work.
Congratulations on your Cheery Lynn Designs contract. I know you will have fun designing.