Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs - Christmas Lantern, Tag & Friendship Card


Christmas is just around the corner, I’m not totally sure where this year has gone, which is a little scary!! 

Cheery Lynn Designs has some stunning Christmas dies, and this week I have created a Christmas Lantern and matching tag.  


A tutorial which can be found “here” in the ‘resources’ section of SplitcoastStampers that will give you a guide to making a lantern.

(smallest) to cut the shape from the four sides of my lantern, and backed each cut out, with vellum. The Elegant Evergreen Christmas Tree (DL144) is so detailed and appealing, though a smaller version was required, so I removed the lower edge of the die cut to make the tree the right size to apply to the lantern.   I also adore the new release Snowflake 2, and knew it would look so pretty against the velum when the candle was lit.
It is not recommended to use tea-light candles in a paper-project. However, you can purchase battery operated candles which are perfect with no fire risk.  These battery operated candles are so realistic; they even flicker like a real candle!

The Christmas tag was made with the left over cut-outs from the lantern.  The CoveredRectangle Classic (2nd smallest) was used to back the tag so the Elegant Evergreen ChristmasTree would fit nicely.

These lanterns would look gorgeous on a Christmas table, and could even be adapted to hang with the use of eyelets and some ribbon!


The below ‘friendship’ card, I created for last weeks post, but sadly my internet connection refused to allow me to upload the photographs.  So thought I would sneak it in with this weeks...

I love the way the Lace Light Deco Border interlocks on the front of the card...




Dies used for Friendship Card:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween!!
 till next week, Sandie

2 comments:

Adriana B said...

love your christmas lantern, it would look lovely on the table for christmas.
Your friends forever card is beautiful :)

crazyQstitcher said...

The lantern is great and the tag also.
Your Friends Forever is lovely.
I expected only a plain inside so I was pleasantly surprised to see another flower as well.