Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Minds Eye Card Challenge "Live Each Day"


One of my very favourite paper companies is “My Minds Eye”, and this month they have a wonderful challenge on for either a scrap booking layout, or a card.  I really loved the sketch of the card, but was mostly inspired by the fact I have a dear friend in hospital at the moment, healing (magically I might add) from heart surgery....
The papers I used are from the Lost & Found Two Collection – in the 6X6 paper pad, called “Blush” – seriously is soooo beautiful!!  If you don't know the paper collection, please do check it out - you'll fall in love!!!


As I am a Design Team member for Cheery Lynn Designs, I just had to use their wonderful dies in my project. The large flower was created using the XMC-5 Scalloped Window Stackers, just scrunched the circles up after spraying heavily with Glimmer Mist – added a pearl brad and there is a simple and very pretty flower. Of course I had to use my favourite border B136 Anastasia, along with B122 Ribbon Eyelet Border. The leaves under the flower are from the SF-1 Stacker Flower #1 Leaf. 


All in all, with these two amazingly fantastic products (My Minds Eye and Cheery Lynn Designs) some glimmer mist, and pearl bling/brads, my card came to life!! 
I’m also entering my card into these challenges:

6 comments:

Celeste Glover said...

Wow Sandie. This is beautiful! As always you produce the most amazing projects. You are an inspiration to me. Celeste

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh my goodness. This project is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing and joining us at Hooked on craft challenges.
hugs Jackie

Adriana B said...

wow Love this too, Sandie, love that flower, its layers and those papers are wonderful. Beautiful cards :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Your easel card is gorgeous! I love the beautiful papers you chose and all of the pretty details - especially your flower! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Jayne said...

Beautiful easel card,stunning flower.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.
Jayne x

Kate said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the vintage look you've created. Everything works together so wonderfully with your beautiful papers and lovely floral focal point. Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]