Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Guest Designer for Scrap Africa - 'Our Precious Boy' Layout

 Happy New Year to Everyone!

For my first blog post for 2013, I am guest designer for the Scrap Africa.  I have scheduled this blog post in advance, due to the wonderful festive season being upon us, so I do not have the direct link to the challenge.  However, all the challenge information can be found 'HERE' on the Scrap Africa Blog.  Below is the sketch, and above...my interpretation of of the sketch....
The photograph is our beautiful son, Jesse when he was 14 months of age.  What a precious smile, even his eyes 'smile' - just melts my heart.

I love Manor House flowers, and absolutely love the Taneisha blooms.  The butterflies are fussy cut from Graphic45's 'Butterfly Specifics' paper, and I added some wire tendrils teamed with glass bugle beads.
The chipboard elements were aged using various mediums including crackle medium.  The 'Love You', was painted to match the papers with polka-dots. You can find all Imaginarium Designs chipboard products 'HERE'.
Lots of layers!!
Beneath the title, I painted the lattice chipboard (Scrap Matrix) using Espresso Bean, Glimmer Glam.  The photographs do not do the colour justice, its stunning with that shimmer and vintage 'look'.
Transparencies are fun to use in layouts and I don't use them enough...
'Mini Bricks' 6X6 template was used to add texture to the background using distress ink.
 Wishing everyone a wonderful 2013...
Sandie
xx
Materials:
BoBunny Double Dot 'Chiffon Vintage' and 'Decafe Vintage'
Graphic45, Olde Curiosity Shoppe 'Butterfly Specifics'
Black AC Cardstock 
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard 'Love You' and 'Our Boy'
ScrapMatrix 'Lattice'
Glass Bugle Beads
Kaisercraft Clock Transparency, and Cream Mini Alphabet Stickers
Espresso Bean, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam
'Suede' Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist
Walnut Stain, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Antique Gold, Anita's Acrylic Paint
Rock Candy, Ranger Crackle Paint
The Crafters Workshop Mini Bricks, 6X6
Wire
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, and Premium Craft Glue
Magic Foam

25 comments:

Sandra said...

Love this special masculine page especially with the flowers, I love to use flowers on some of my 'boy' layouts as well.

Adriana B said...

Beautiful work and congrats on guest Designer, :)
Wishing you and your family a Happy , Healthy and wonderful New year , all the best :)

Keren Tamir said...

LOOOOOOOOVe the LO Sandie! congrats on the GDT!!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Fabulous treatment to those chippies Sandie. Happy New Year to you and thank you for your generous support throughout the year. I look forward to being inspired by you during the coming year.

Cindy Gay said...

Great framing!

Sue said...

Happy New Year Sandie.

This is stunning, the photo of your son is adorable and all the detailing you have added looks amazing. I really love the way you have aged the chipboard and the flowers are gorgeous.

I hope you had a good Christmas
Hugs Sue

Sonia said...

Amazing layout dearest Sandie,gorgeous your cute son ^_^
Many lovely details ^_^
Happy new year^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Lizzyc said...

Happy New Year Sandie! This layout looks wonderful,, what a cute.. Love your take on the sketch too, well done on your guest DT role too...

Astrid Maclean said...

What a gorgeous LO of your beautiful boy!!! I love all the little details, the way you have treated the chippies and the great composition!Just beautiful, like always!
Hope you will have the most wonderful and creative New Year!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Thanks so much Sandie for Guest Designing for us! You have created such a beautiful layout...I just keep looking at all the wonderful layers and details! That fence chippie is also stunning! Your photo is also just so very precious! Love your work gal! Thanks again!
Best wishes for 2013 too...I hope it's an awesome year for you! ;-)

Cheryl Walker said...

Congratulations on your guest spot sweetie!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout and details that you put into it!!!! Beautiful job as always!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Happy New Year!!!!

Unknown said...

Sandie, please mail me your brain, hahahaha...Gosh you are so talented and so clever in techniques you use!! I am totally in love with the way you did the chipboard lattice, this layout is heavenly and congrats on the guest spot!!!! Look at the beautiful expression on your little sweetie's face, he is adorable!!!! Have a super day fav cuz!!!!! LOL

Margaret Mifsud said...

Such an adorable little boy and a stunning layout to match. Always love your creations Sandie.
Wish you and your family many blessings in this new year. ox Marg

Unknown said...

Well I have to say you started the year off with an awesome first post. What a gorgeous page. I really do LOVE seeing your work. Happy New Year my friend.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Sandie,

Hello!! Thank you so much for the comments on my blogs..
Congrats on your GD! I love this LO! The details...just amazing!!!

Hugs!!!!

Belinda Scott said...

What a stunning layout Sandie, you did a fab job!!! Congrats on the guest spot and thanks for dropping by on my blog, I hope u and your family had a wonderful xmas and new yr :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic smile he has Sandie, such an adorable little boy. Love the layout too, you always make your projects come alive ,such fabulous work.
Have fun crafting in 2013. Wishing you and your family a Wonderful and Happy New Year. Biggest Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Cutest photo ever and I just ADORE this layout. Perfect elements and great design Sandie xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey Sandra...thanks for visiting mine & being so kind!!!!! Love the vintage vibe you've got going here, specially with the chippy...well done on your GD spot:):):)

Jasmine S said...

Such a beautiful photo and your page is just perfect for it. Love the softness of it.

Unknown said...

such beautiful boy design and congrats my friend

hugs carla

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, this is so precious, Sandie!!! I amost missed it due to being ill. Thank goodness, I'm catching up now! Such a sweet and precious picture and such awesome details....love EVERYTHING about this amazing work of art!
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Nice piece of art, I really liked the way you have made them and presented before your readers. I really liked the special masculine page which is surrounded with flowers over the boy’s layout.

lace motifs

Unknown said...

Jesse is such a handsome boy Sandie. :) This is such a sweet LO and I love the layers and rich texture you added to this page. Congrats on the guest designer spot, well deserved!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amazing masculine page. Love the crackle!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/