Friday, May 11, 2018

Memories - The Scrapbook Store


This month for The Scrapbook Store, I was sent a deliciously gorgeous lot of goodies to design with - including the stunning Penelope Dee, Mother of Pearl papers, Dusty Attic Chipboard Pieces, Green Tara Lace, and oodles more.  Then the search for the right photograph...

I found an old photograph of my first birthday with my parents.  Its not the best photograph as it is old, and not clear, etc.  However, it is a special memory for me, as my Dad passed away on New Years Eve, he had Motor Neuron Disease.  

Before I explain more on my layout, I had an email from a lady who was asking about why I always list a 'chipboard sheet' in my materials list, so perhaps there are more that ask this question as well.  I use the chipboard as a base for my layouts.  Cardstock, even though sturdy, often doesn't support fully the layout, especially if you are using mediums, and lots of embellishing.  All in all, it really is a support base :-) You can find a variety of thicknesses 'here'.

I've used the Penelope Dee papers, each paper of this collection is just stunning, and teamed this great paper range with some corrugated cardboard.  To shabby the layout, I added white paint (not gesso) here, there and everywhere - I was tempted to brush across the Kaisercraft Blooms as well, but did not want a really washed out look, and those flowers really pop.  Green Tara have a lovely selection of flowers and laces.  The Azalea's are stunning and always look amazing in a flower arrangement. Also, The Scrapbook Store, has their own flower range which can be seen 'here' - I have used the 1cm semi-open rosebuds.

Also, this month I'm exploring a new product (to me) Nuvo Glitter Drops, which I used on my title to add glimmer and dimension.  I just adore this product and am looking forwards to trying the Jewel Drops and Crystal Drops.  

Have a great weekend ....
Click large screen to view video in full detail..


Materials:
Penelope Dee - Mother of Pearl - Wonderful
Penelope Dee - Mother of Pearl - Cherished
Adirondack Acrylic Paint - Snow Cap
Medical Gauze
Cottage Cutz - Leafy Foliage Die 


3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

oh yes older memories are soo precious and we didnt have a quality that you can get now with prints.. a lovely layout, love the corrugated card and flowers and all the distressed edges too..

Margaret Mifsud said...

It may not be of the best quality Sandie, but that is such a beautiful and precious photo. You have showcased it so beautifully. The colour palette is gorgeous and I love the texture of the corrugated board. Absolutely beautiful page!! xx

Denise van Deventer said...

This is just gorgeous Sandie! Love the design and the soft layers! Love it! ;-)