Saturday, May 26, 2018

To The World - The Scrapbook Store...


I'm a little late in showing off my May projects (more coming), Jesse and I have been struggling with 'man flu' - now Dad's also caught it, so its now man flu plus some. My head is still full and I'm still not 100% but of course Jesse bounced back within days - me a week now.  Joys of Winter... and its now upon us with yesterday seeing the first signs of frost.... 

Anyhow, this month for The Scrapbook Store, I have been designing with the Penelope Dee, Mother of Pearl Papers.  They are just glorious!! I opted to use some fussy cutting, which I have not done for some time now.  The 'beautiful' (name of it) paper was perfect, with oodles of amazing roses.  Teamed with some gauze from the medical cupboard, that was painted with Heidi Swap, Color Shine and Lindy's Stamp Gang mists, and lastly splashed with some gesso - flowers included.  The paper range comes with many sayings, and I cut up several to create my own for a title.  

I have had this photograph of my daughter floating about for some time, its a lovely 'selfie' which if I remember correctly I managed to grab off Facebook, and hoped for the best when I printed it that it would be good enough quality!!  I'm pretty sure my two girls were trying to out-selfie-each other... lol Today, Tayla turns 20 - where did those years go!!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend ...xx




Materials:
Cottage Cutz - Leafy Foliage

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh no I do hope you are feeling much better really soon, and yes winter is just around the corner here with cold nights and mornings.. This layout looks so beautiful.. the photo is gorgeous and I love all the blooms and fussy cutting.. Take care and get well soon...

Margaret Mifsud said...

So sorry to hear you and your family have not been well Sandie. Hope everyone is feeling better now. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! The papers are beautiful and I love the mix of fussy cut and paper flowers .. looks amazing!! Lovely photo of your daughter and I wish her a very Happy Birthday!! Have a great day!! hugs x