Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Life is Beautiful with You in it – Mini Album - Guest Designing for Meg's Garden

Hi everyone,

Long time no 'see' ..... I will still be quiet for now, till my creative side bounces back into gear.  Life has had a few hurdles..(too many obviously), but the road is smoothing out again 'now'. Just know I have thought of everyone and miss you all very much .....and in time, I will be back...

Love to all
Sandie

It was a pleasure to do some guest design work for Meg’s Garden back in Sept.  I worked with the beautiful paper collection called ‘Dreaming in the Meadows’, and due to the size of my project, included some card papers from previous collections of when I was a DT member.  The papers all matched perfectly.  

Did you know that Meg's Garden is an Australian business, located in Adelaide with an online store?  The papers are designed by Denise Ann, an Australian designer. 


I have been pondering over Christmas gifts for my family, (this was written back in Sept) and know my Mother just loves my Mini Albums.  I was inspired with this album, by two clever individuals – Kathy Orta, and Ginger from My Sisters Scrapper on YouTube.  Both make the most stunning of albums, and I have been itching to make one for some time.  Kathy Orta has created the hidden hinge system which I applied to this particular album, and I used Kathy’s tutorial for the album.
You can find Ginger’s YouTube Chanel 'HERE'...
and Kathy Orta’s Chanel 'HERE'...
These albums do make perfect gifts, and Meg’s Garden stocks the perfect paper sets, and embellishments for such creations.
The album itself has many hidden pockets, including side opening panels, which are held in place via magnets – ample room for photographs, and journaling and even mementos.  The photographs do not do the album justice, and do not show enough of the details, but certainly gives a good indication of what can be made. 
I also used the Leafy Foliage die throughout the album for all my foliage requirements, it was perfect and a leaf shape to match each flower size.  I so love that die, and it is available at Meg’s Garden!!!
 
 








Materials:
Chipboard
Cardstock
Dusty Attic Chipboard
Prima Flowers
Vintage Blooms from my own personal collection
Seam Binding
Butterfly Printables
Diamond Stickles
Tim Holtz Knobs- Idea-Ology
White Paint
Bling Pieces
Silk Ribbon
Kaisercraft Mini Alphas
Metal Frame
Eyelets & Crop-O-Dile
Silhouette Cameo and SVG Files
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard ‘You’
Score Board
Adhesives

26 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Your mini album is Simply STUNNING...I have sure missed seeing your face & your GORGEOUS creations.. glad to read that thing are smoothing out for you & we all get to see more creations REAL SOON!! x

Leanne said...

So glad to see you back!! Your album... Wow! Simply WOW!

Paula Calvanico said...

This album is beautiful :) Don't sweat the slowdown :) it happens to all of us. Life sometimes turns us different ways.

Paula

Sue said...

Hello Sandie
It's so nice to see you back, I have missed seeing your gorgeous creations. I do hope the new year is a good one for you.
This is absolutely stunning. I love the design, beautifully decorated cover and gorgeous detailing too.
Take care
Sending you hugs
Sue xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Hope your path is smoothing out & it's sooo good to know you're OK:):) Love your mini...have missed your beautiful work & 'presence'...take care of you:):)

Lizzyc said...

This is so gorgeous .. really love it..

Margaret Mifsud said...

My goodness Sandie this album is divine!!!!! Stunning design and beautifully embellished pages, I absolutely adore this project!! I haven't made an album for a while but I think you have just inspired me to do so!! Welcome back honey, lovely to see you here if only for a little while!! Love and hugs

Unknown said...

Hi friend i am so glad to her from you i was worried by you ,i hope it now very well with you takecare,wow what did you create a stunning album love it. Hugs xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Sandie, what a come-back, this is amazing!! Each and every nook and cranny is full of gorgeous yumminess! Just stunning minibook perfection! Thanks for providing the links, I will certainly check them out.

Have been missing you and glad to hear you are hanging in there. You should always take the time you need, life and family have to come first. Sending big hugs!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I have missed you! Your mini album is a masterpiece. I wouldn't mind seeing a tutorial for this beauty.

Wishing you a wonderful 2014 filled with happiness.

Unknown said...

Sandie, this is very lovely and I'm so glad you shared this. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Sending you a big cyber hug,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Hey hello and yes your back..cool work I love the cover and cool pages.
byebye,Lean

Christina C. said...

So glad you're back, Sandie!!!!! I was worried about you....sent you a couple of emails!
Your mini album is spectacular...a work of art!!!!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2014, Sandie!

Denise van Deventer said...

Hey Sandie...hope you are okay girl! Have really missed your visits and also seeing your gorgeous creations! I hope that 2014 is a good year for you, in all respects! This mini is just fabulous and the details amazing! Love it absolutely....just gorgeous! Really hope to see you back again soon! xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've been thinking of you a lot lately, and now I see you've had a long time between blog posts. Life sure can give us a whirl sometimes, eh? It's good to see you again. :)

This creation...oh my, oh my, oh my! It is SO beautiful, Sandie. I wish you could hear my reactions when I see your things. I make sounds that aren't exactly words, but rather like holding one's breath and letting it out with a gasp. :) You're so talented!

Carole said...

Your album is lovely Sandie, so many wonderful elements. Have a wonderful day! Carole xox

Dianne H said...

Gorgeous album. A real treasure.

Lynn said...

Sandie I came looking for you. Hope all is ok!!! Your project is so lovely!! Miss your sweet smile!

Denise said...

What a beautiful mini! It is so elegant!

Carol said...

Just found you after seeing a card you did for Cheery Lynn. Love your style. So glad to have found you. I hope you get back to creating real soon!

Riikka Kovasin said...

So stunning and romantic! I'm here to invite you to join the Epic Anniversary Challenge at Scrap Around The World! I hope you'll join in! http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.fi/2014/05/may-2014-challenge-13-celebratory-mood.html

Diane said...

Wow this is just a stunning idea and design.

Hugs Diane

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Sandy, I just saw this popping up on someone else's blog roll and I just had to come over.... And of course I have not been disappointed, - this is just stunning and so beautifully put together, each page is an absolute delight!

I also want you to know that I have thought of you often and wondered how you were. I hope things will start to look up for you, I have truly missed you and your beautiful work my friend! Sending big hugs! xxxxx

Carmen Almeida said...

Hi Sandie, I just loved your blog!! Everything here is beautiful, the embroidery, albuns, flowers and so on!!
Thank you for share with us!
Have a blessing week.
If you would like se my blog and follow me I will be very happy.
http://carmen45bos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh wow, quelle merveille, bravo c'est vraiment magnifique, j, adore!!! Gros bisous et bonne soirée tout en douceur!

Unknown said...

Hey honey!!!!! I have to say I miss you like crazy , I have been away myself and just getting back into it now. So sorry to hear things have been rough, I seriously wish you the best and will send some prayers your way. Now about this downright gorgeous album!!!!! My Gosh I really think you should be on TV showing us all how to do this, it is absolutely stunning and I actually didn't think you could keep evolving as I adored your work 2 years ago, but you did in leaps and bounds girl!!!!!! The last person (Christina Griffith) I told would end up on TV did and I am saying it again to you...you have serious talent and oh did I mention I miss you, lol Lots of love, hugs and more hugs