Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Unpacking a Pile of Inspiration...



Last night I was curled up in the lounge ..... turned the TV off, and plucked out my 'thoughts journal', something I have not done for some time. Actually, it has been years to be honest, I just checked the date of my last entry and not quite game enough to mention that date on my blog!  

I have some wonderful ideas floating about in my head of creativity and cannot wait for them to be put into action!! I drew diagrams and points of interest, mentioned items to use, fabrics, laces, colours. Ohhh exciting, I cannot wait to start...

The above photo is the start of my unpacking, the kitchen table has been swallowed with all my treasures!  I have a feeling for a little while, we will be sharing dinner over the kitchen bench...


The below photo, is a drawer of my favourite items.  Julia gifted me the beautiful (purple) needle-case some years ago and I use it religiously and keep a variety of 'stash' in there for emergency 'fix ups' - buttons, threads, needles, scissors, and so forth.  


And... Bear gifted me the beautiful little 'purse' (red), all beautifully beaded, which normally hangs in my bedroom, though Malinki took a liking to it, so it was placed away for safe keeping...  

My 'butterfly' block pokes its head out to inspire me, I need to complete that set of blocks - I have no idea where the others are as yet, but no doubt will find them in yet another storage box. 

My table is covered with a stunning quilt, which Catherine lovingly made for my 40th birthday.  It is treasured very much, and always brings back memories of the friendship we once shared. 

...and... the heart, made by Susan, one of my many 'worldwide' swapping partners in the Chain of Hearts group, some years ago.  I created some lavender satchels out of the 100's of hearts I have.  However, I beaded the 'hanging point' on several of the hearts... then one 'said cat'  maliciously attacked this heart, and it is in need of repair. I never did pick the beads up, the vacuum cleaner did! LOL


This 'drawer' holds some of my most cherished items, but most importantly, it is the beautiful memories associated, with each and every 'piece' within the drawer - the people, the friendships, the creations made with so much love... 

"my special memories"
 



And, now I'd like to think, when time allows me time to escape the busy lifestyle of being a "Mother" again, that I will start the journey into my creative side once more....

something, I have missed so very much....

No comments: