Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Beautiful Mother



Today, I finally scrapped this beautiful photo of my Mum.  

I am a design team member of "Scrapbooking Haven"  and every month there is a challenge or two with wonderful prizes to be won, so do join and check out the forums.  This layout, is my interpretation of this months sketch challenge.

I love "Prima" Products, they are just so 'me'.  The papers are from the Fairy Flora Collection - 'sunlight daisies' and 'summer storm' - oh they are so beautiful, I love them.....and I have enough to make a card or two from the left overs!! :-) Also, I used Prima bling and their flowers and leaves.  The black and cream flowers I made myself and added pretty 'bling' beads.
The story behind the photograph - my Mother, Barbara at the age of 17.  My Mother and Father went to Melbourne to visit my Fathers, Aunt Sylvia.  Aunt Sylvia made this dress for my Mum while she stayed there.  At the time in Mum's life, she thought she looked fat!!! LOL  Look at that figure, its perfect.  So this photograph was taken to show off the new dress.


 

No comments: