Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Start of Jesse's 8 X 8 Scrapbook Album...

I finally started Jesse's 8 X 8 album!!  Scrapbooking Haven has a challenge on at the moment using the colours of baby pink & blue, grey and brown.  It was a challenge as this page turned out nothing like I'd originally planned.  My originally planned piece had flowers all around one corner in sweet little sprays, hehehe!  Maybe its a good thing I didn't, with him being a 'boy'?  They would of course been blue though!!

Anyway, I searched for something grey and the only thing I could find was some cardboard (or chipboard?) stars from Creative Memories I had in my stash - out they came!  They looked a bit boring, so I took the plunge and used Glimmer Mist on them.  The photograph doesn't show the beautiful shimmer, and I can see myself addicted to Glimmer Mist.  So looking forwards to making some flowers and using the Glimmer Mist spray on them...

Having learned over the past few months to use colours within the photograph, I knew this photo had all the elements of the colours needed!!  I even like the pink background, which matches the hospital blanket perfectly.

I should add, I'm struggling with the size of my photographs to get my 'journaling' onto the page - so with this one page I have opted to journal on the other side (meaning, the next blank page).  Belinda suggested I do some flap type photographs where you lift the page and read the journal side underneath.  Brilliant idea, and I'm sure I'll implement that into the next few pages!

No comments: