Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Four" Layout, using Cheery Lynn Dies


I’ve been itching to play with my newly acquired 'Sunflower' and ‘Fanciful Flourish’ , ‘Exotic Butterflies’ and 'Garden Gate'  dies by Cheery Lynn.


....and even though I delight in using the die cuts as they are, this time I opted to play around and created extended flourishes, adding multi-layered petals to the flowers, curling and inking them.  The smaller buds of varying size, were also created using the same ‘Sunflower’ die, just given a nip, tuck and fold.  To complete the buds the leaves from several ‘Fanciful Flourish’ Pieces were removed, with a little snip at the top/middle of each leaf carefully opened each up to form lovely cradles for the buds.  The ‘Garden Gate’ was cut from chipboard, painted, inked and then all die cuts were washed with a hint of gold ... which sadly does not show too well in the photographs.


I love being ‘creative’ .....

2 comments:

TanishaRenee said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the combination of dies! Good luck on the DT call!

Unknown said...

Its beautiful!! Love the way you used the dies. Think I need to start stocking them :)