Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Romance Mini Album - The Scrapbook Store

This month for The Scrapbook Store, I got to design with the beautiful Prima Marketing 'Cherry Blossom Collection' papers and elements.  Also, a gorgeous selection of 2Crafty chipboard elements which I painted in the Tim Holtz, Tarnished Brass paint.  This paint for me, has the most glorious luster and replicates a realist gold in colour, which captures a nice sheen in various light settings.  The Kaisercraft Rhinestone's and tiny half pearls were used to jazz up the chipboard pieces...

I used the Blue Fern Studio's Romance title which I picked up at a bargain price in The Scrapbook Store's 70% off sale. If you haven't checked out the sale pages, its well worth the visit with various categories such as 30%, and 70% off.  These sale pages are updated often, so always something new to browse, and a great bargain or ten to pick up. The Romance tittle was painted in white, dried and then a nice layer of 'Diamond' stickles added.  When painting this piece I made a point of only painting the top surface, as the darkness of the chipboard piece being left as is, really makes the title pop.

There are numerous pages, and below I have highlighted some.  Lace, rhinestones, pearls, with oodles of tags of various types - including using the Prima Marketing - Cherry Blossom, Journaling Note cards.  Left over flowers from the Cherry Blossom collection, I used to highlight some of the tags.  The larger page tags, I used left over pattern papers and a mixture of the Cherry Collection Washi Tape.  I adore, how this tape is transparent and the tape gives a different look depending on the colour cardstock and/or texture you use as a background. 

You can find the latest newsletter for all current new products, and news for The Scrapbook Store 'here'...












Materials:
American Crafts - Textured Cardstock - White
American Crafts - Textured Cardstock - Black
12 X 12" Chipboard Sheet
Green Tara - 30mm White Lace
Floral Lace - from my stash

2 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is stunning Sandie!! You certainly haven't lost your touch. The cover is gorgeous and I love all the inside pages. I adore the little fabric tags at the side .. brilliant idea!! hugs xx

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...a gorgeous and fabulous album. Beautiful work 😀