Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Fairies Shadow Box and a Match Box Mini Album - Imaginarium Designs

Hello Everyone,  I have had a wonderful time creating with Imaginarium Designs chipboard this month, and created a shadow box using the Jane's Shadow Box, and built a fairy-tale image within, using Graphic 45 'Once Upon a Springtime' papers, and the Basecoat collection from Kaisercraft.
Jesse is fascinated by it, and watched the stages of it coming together :-)
I used a variety of chipboard pieces, including the gorgeous Edward Relief Border, cutting the piece down in size to fit perfectly at the top and bottom of the shadow box - this brings back memories of those gorgeous ornate veranda, wrought iron pieces once seen in beautiful old homes.  Love it! The windows were covered using printed acetate to replicate real windows, and then decorated using Embellishment 4, and Embellishment 8
I kept the chipboard plain in colour, so that all the details would show - spray painting each piece before assembling the shadow box.
Hidden on the back wall, peeking out is the Small Butterfly, hiding amongst the foliage and Green Tara flowers.
I had so much fun putting this together...
Jane's Shadow Box (IDS0024)
4 Small Butterflies (IDT0014)
Edward Relief Border (IDB0010)
Embellishment 4 (IDS0013)
Embellishment 8 IDS0014

...and my next piece, is a miniature matchbox, with mini album.  The matchbox itself measures 7cms X 5.5cms - so it is not the really tiny one's that are available in the supermarket. 

The square frame (from 2 Frames on a board) was decorated using a variety of paints, to give it an aged appearance - just simply by stippling the paint on with a hard bristled brush.  The image was one I picked up on Etsy some time ago now (sorry cannot remember name) - Mod Podge was added to the inside of the frame.
The  Embellishment 8, was adhered to the front as a draw front, and a brad (minus stems) added.  It really is only decoration, as you push the back of the box, to open.  
The Vine Flourish Tiny, was painted using a gold paint dauber, pouncing the paint to add texture - doing this almost gives a metal appearance.  These intricate flourishes were cut into smaller segments with sharp scissors and added to the floral arrangement on both the matchbox and the mini album.
Of course, I had to add a tiny butterfly - they are so sweet, highlighted with miniature pearls.
Visit the = Imaginarium Designs Blog for further inspiration, and don't forget to leave a comment to be in the running for a fabulous chipboard pack...

Back next month with more Imaginarium Designs creations...


4 Small Butterflies (IDT0014)
Embellishment 8 IDS0014
Vine Flourish Tiny (IDT0027)
2 Frames on a board (IDT0006)

26 comments:

sharon said...

Sandie, The shadow box is amazing.
The mini album and mini matchbox are beautiful.
hugs
sharon

Shell said...

Stunning projects Sandiexx

Unknown said...

Fab projects dear! sooo much tocget inspired. Both of them are soooo elegant and elite! Loved it truly and glad to join you. Hugs!
Shivani
www.magickrafts.com

Evgenia said...

Sandie, your new projects are adorable!! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE it!!)))

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation Sandie.
Gr Elly

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Sandie. These are totally STUNNING!
That has got to be one of the most beautiful shadow boxes I have ever seen. I love all your detailing.
The matchbox and album are equally gorgeous. I just wish I was talented enough to produce something as beautiful as these.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

stelledilatta said...

Sandie... che lavoro stupendo!!!!
sono senza parole!!
Gio

Unknown said...

Wauw sweet work you did with the chippies..
have a lovely weekend!!!
byeeeeeeeeeee,Lean

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow. Can't say any more. Except Double Wow. Just incredible work, Sandie!!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow Sandie, these projects are incredible!! Looove the shadow box, it is just awesome with all the details you've put into it. Totally stunning. And then there's the matchbox and mini. Again I say Wow!! Such beautiful details and all your techniques worked so perfectly together. I love it, love it, love it!! ox Marg

Lizzyc said...

Wow I am fascinated by this too.. exquisite creations.. that shadow box is amazing.. the embellishments are gorgeous.. so many details.. so very beautiful!

Sandi Smith said...

Oh My...out of this world beautiful sandie!!

Denise said...

These are beautiful! I love the shadow box, I must get one of those! Denise

Christina C. said...

OMG....Sandie, you created a MASTERPIECE here....I am just drawn into that magical garden you created!
SPECTACULAR.....good heavens, this leaves me speechless! This is so rich in detail...it just takes my breath away!
Your matchbox and mini album are also phenomenal...loving all the luscious details!

Keren Tamir said...

Wow Sandie you've outdone yourself this month. These projects are so so gorgeous

Adriana B said...

Gorgeous work Sandie, love all of it :)

Sonia said...

Happy Sunday my dear friend^_^
Your new creations are just stunning^_^Very beautiful embellishments^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Unknown said...

Sandie absolutely extraordinary!!!!!! I am expecting you have been picked up by many magazines with these projects.. I must have looked at the shadow box and all its details for at least 5 min's straight in total awe my friend, you are genius and I am so in love with everything you do ..of course even though you say how you do it I wonder HOW YOU DO IT!!! LOL lots of love, dropping in on my break to say hi, Michael is feeling better, I am still struggling with pain... miss you
Hugs

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Sandie, this is simply amazing, what a fantastic project!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, my jaw is on the floor Sandie. Amazing and beautiful projects!!! You truly inspire everyone with your talent. Hugs

sandi said...

Wow Sandie these projects are STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply amazing!

Denise van Deventer said...

These are such stunning projects Sandie...I love them all! Anyone can see that you put a lot of love and effort into these and they are just amazing! Beautiful work! ;-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

My goodness. You've just stunned me again (happens EVERY time I come here!). :)

This is pure whimsy, and 100% beautiful. I am happy you let us get up close to see the wonderful details.

Cheryl Walker said...

OMgosh another BEAUTY!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this set! I wish I could make one!! is it really 2. something inches? or did I convert that wrong. Omgosh its tiny if so, but absolutely stunning to say the least! Your work is always sooo beautiful Sandie!!! thank you for sharing another wonderful/Beautiful creation!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Ella Swan said...

How very cute & absolutely beautiful!!!

Ella Swan said...

The boxes are also super splendid and that gold looks AMAZEBALLS!!!